Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Our plan



Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster: Become a Faster, Stronger Runner with the Revolutionary FIRST Training Program (Runners World)

My first goal for 2008 is a 21 minute 5km. Jennifer and I are currently running in the 22 minute range. So, starting next week, we have a new plan. We are going to follow the Run More, Run Less Program, otherwise known as the FIRST program. It's based on 3 quality runs + 2 cross training days. Jennifer is an avid downhill skier, so those will be her cross training days. I am also a cyclist, so I will be doing bike riding or spin class on my cross training days. Teresa is an avid soccer player, softball player so those will be her cross training days.


We are following the Intermediate plan for the 5km. I like the plan because we can continue with our regular Monday, Wednesday, Friday runs. Next week, on Monday, we will start our interval runs. Wednesdays are tempo running and Fridays are mid-tempo range.

No comments: